Ready to adopt one of our kitties?
Our adoption process outlined below is quite simple! It has been adapted to ensure the safety of our cats and kittens and to find each of them their purrfect furever home!
** Please have patience with the process as it may take up to 24-48 hours to hear back from one of our volunteers once the application has been submitted.
- Prospective adopters must fill out the adoption application which can be found right here on our website.
- One of our team members reviews the application, checks veterinarian references, personal references, etc.
- That same team member will contact the prospective adopter via email or phone to go over any questions or concerns pertaining to the application submitted.
- An inspection of the prospective adopter's residence is conducted to ensure that it is a safe environment suitable for the cat(s) or kitten(s).
** Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are no longer conducting in-home inspections. Prospective adopters will be asked to forward a video tour of the premises via email to [email protected], facebook messenger, or texted directly to the volunteer processing the application. There is also the option of conducting a live tour via FaceTime.
- If Lucky Lives Cat Rescue approves the adopter, we will arrange a time for the adopter to meet the cat(s) or kitten(s).
- After meeting the cat(s) or kitten(s), if the adopter decides they would like to move forward, and we are in agreement that it's a good match, the adopter will review and fill out the adoption paperwork and take their new companion(s) home.
** Please note that Lucky Lives Cat Rescue requires all adoptive parents to take their new family member home in a carrier. If no carrier is present at the time of the adoption, the cat(s) or kitten(s) will not be released.